Dedication, perseverance, pure talent, honesty, humility and spiritual power are some of the things that can describe Javier Mendoza and his music. Throughout his twelve-year music career Javier Mendoza has been working hard and gaining fans one show at a time. Born in Virginia, raised in Spain and Germany, and now living in St. Louis Missouri, Javier continues to create and perform his amazing music. His creativity and dedication are easy to see in his evolution from a songwriter for Warner Chappell to a full time singer, songwriter, and performer today.
Javier Mendoza is a former Warner-Chappell songwriter. He has written for Juan David, Enrique Iglesias, Ricky Martin among many. Javier has sold over 50,000 CDs independently and has received many honors throughout his career. He was voted Best Solo Artist at The 2010-2011’s Riverfront Time’s Music Awards. He was voted Best Male Vocalist by the Reader’s Poll at the 2009’s Riverfront Time’s Music Awards, and also in 2009 KDHX Radio voted Javier Best Latin Artist. Mendoza was a finalist in the Independent Music Awards 2007, won best St. Louis World Music and Pop Artist 2000-2004, became a Budweiser True Music artist in 2005, had songs featured on MTV’s Real World, has multiple magazine features and live performances on several TV shows. He has also worked with some of the best musicians in the region and shared the stage with the likes of Willie Nelson, Santana, Blues Traveler, Everclear, Los Lobos, The Roots, Ben Folds, Idina Menzel, Duran Duran and many more.
With 14 albums spanning 15 years Javier demonstrates that he knows where he comes from and where he is going. On each CD he combines new influences, new musical inspirations and life experiences with the common thread of hope for the future. His dedication to creating new and different material and his passion for live performance keeps bringing the fans back again and again. Whether he’s playing for 10 people or a crowd of 10,000, Javier makes each show unforgettable. The physical and emotional energy he delivers is truly amazing and must be experienced to be believed.
Rather than focusing primarily on the future he is focusing on “Now” and how incredible the journey of life can be if you let it. For Javier living in the “Now” is about personal growth, working with great musicians, new fans, long time fans, and welcoming all that life has to offer without hesitation. When the big record labels come knocking Javier will be ready but until then, he plans to make the most of every second.
Javier Mendoza has debuted a new project with fellow songwriter and guitarist Jim Peters. The project is called THE RESERVE and they have just completed their first release under the same name. If you would like to find out more about THE RESERVE, please visit www.thereservemusic.net
- Performed with Martin Sexton and Santana in April of 2013
- Voted Best Male Solo Artist in 2011 River Front Times Music Awards
- Readers Choice Tied Winner of 2009 Best Male Vocalist in River Front Times Music Awards
- Voted Best Latin Artist by KDHX Radio in 2009
- Performs National Anthem at Home Opening Game for the St. Louis Rams in 2009
- Voted One of Colleges Hottest Artists for 2009 by Campus Magazine
- Finalist in the 2007 Independent Music Awards
- Won KDHX Audience Award for best Latin Artist in Saint Louis’ 2006 Music Awards
- Nominated for Best Vocalist on the 2006 Independent Online Music Awards
- 2005 Budweiser True Music Artist
- Voted Best World and Pop Artist in St. Louis 2000-2004
- Has had 7 songs featured on MTVs Real World 2000-2005
- Has played with The Roots, Los Lobos, Ben Folds, G-Love, Willie Nelson, The Smithereens and more
- Has played over 100 colleges in over 20 states & is a regular in the U.S. club scene
- Was a semifinalist at the Independent Music World Series Conference in 2003
- ‘Join The Party’ was voted one of MECA Conference’s best songs in Chicago in 2004
- Has performed at the Mid Atlantic, Northern Plains and North East NACA conferences
- Former Warner-Chappell songwriter
- Performed for Pope John Paul II in 1999